Apprenticeships – Groundworkers / Bricklayers
The Salutem Apprenticeship Centre is a purpose-built facility for groundworks and bricklaying apprenticeships. We have a 91% success rate of apprenticeship completion.
Our industry-focused delivery model is designed by employers, for employers. Taking an apprentice will allow you to develop your worker’s skills according to your standards. It is an investment in growing both your business and the construction industry. We are currently working with a number of small companies as well as Kier, McDermott’s and Bell Contracts (Wales).
How It Works
Step 1 – Selection of Apprentices
You Recruit – Recruit and select your own
We Recruit – Access our Apprentice pool who have been selected and undergone a robust interview and competence assessment.
Step 2 – Three Week Induction
An intensive block induction adopting a proven model to equip the Apprentices for making a positive and safe contribution when on site. Upon completion of the induction, Apprentices will have essential training, practical skills and experience.
Your Own “Pop Up” Apprentice Training Centre
If you have 10-16 apprentices in groundworks and/or bricklaying and a place on your site to set up a training area with a cabin for a classroom, we can come to your location to deliver the technical certificate and complete the on-site assessments.
Step 3 – Day Release Apprenticeship
First three weeks induction at our Apprentice Facility, followed by 1 day a week for the remainder of the Apprenticeship.
For the remaining time, the Apprentices will be working with you at designated sites, gaining invaluable experience and building up their portfolio for the NVQ Level 2 to gain a blue skilled card.
1) Private Apprenticeship Centre – Designed and run by employers, for employers
2) A Flexible Apprenticeship Centre – 6 monthly enrolments of new apprentices
3) Trained Apprentices – With practical skills prior to starting on site
4) Added Value – Positively contributing and adding value to your operations
5) Grant – Recovery of investment with an Apprentice Grant
6) Financial Savings – Compared to agency or third parties, employers benefit from apprentice