Who is the Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Groundworks (Construction) for?
This qualification is intended for someone already working as a ground worker. It has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. However, we need to be assured that individuals have the potential and opportunity to produce the evidence required.
Aims and Outcomes:
The aim of this qualification is to recognise the knowledge, skills and competence demonstrated by an individual in the workplace. The units in this qualification are derived from National Occupational Standards.
The mandatory units of this qualification are:
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
Optional units are:
- Establishing work area protection and safety in the workplace
- Installing drainage in the workplace
- Placing and finishing non-specialist concrete in the workplace
- Reinstating ground condition in the work place
- Preparing and operating specialized powered tools and equipment in the workplace
Learners must complete all Mandatory units and complete 2 additional optional units.
You will be guided and supported by an experienced, friendly assessor who will help you achieve as quickly as possible.
A range of assessment methods will be used for each unit including direct observation, professional discussion, witness testimony, questioning, written answers, and use of naturally occurring evidence from the workplace.
There is no minimum time; quicker you provide the evidence the sooner you will achieve.
Completion of the Qualification:
Successful completion of this qualification will allow you to apply for a CSCS Blue Card.
Typical process model:
- Inquire, have available career history and current job description.
- Assessor will contact you and ensure you can cover the criteria of the qualification and explain how the process will work.
- Enrol and induction to qualification
- Site visit by assessor observation and issue of job knowledge questions and assessment plan.
- Collect evidence and send to assessor.
- Further or final site visit
- Quality assurance and certification
Qualification Cost: £900 + VAT per person
You may be eligible for £400 CITB training grant.
To book this qualification simply click the ‘book here’ button below or call our training team today on 0121 326 1466